Tuesday 10 December 2019

X-PLANE NEW SCENERY

SCENERY BOOST - UK

Let's face it, we all want to explore our own country when we get inside a virtual cockpit, so it's important to download some detailed and recognisable scenery. There's loads of free scenery out there, but the best has to be paid for - it's just 'pennies' considering the enormous levels of detail!

I chose ORBX's GB North, GB Central and GB South packages. It looks pretty good and even includes a landmark just at the back of my house, which is nice. ORBX is an Australian company and so I was surprised to find such great UK coverage. Bit silly to think that way really, since they cover countries across the globe. I just didn't expect to see something as trivial as WINTER HILL TV MAST to be included.

Ooops! I forgot to mention - I also got MEIGS FIELD, Chicago. Why? Because, of course, every flightsim enthusiast on the planet will have fond memories of taking off from this field in the very earliest release of Microsoft FlightSim back in the early 80's :-)














------- * --------


No comments:

Post a Comment